Elder Street Artist Lofts
September 3, 2021
W.A. Dowdy, 1924
Renovation completed in 2005 by W.O. Neuhaus Associates
Number of units: 34
Located in the First Ward, this building was built in 1924 as Houston and Harris County’s first public hospital. In 2002, Avenue CDC and Artspace USA purchased the building from Harris County. Architect Bill Neuhaus, now with Studio RED Architects, led its renovation. Download the tour booklet to learn more.