On May 29, RDA elected new board members and introduced officers to its membership. Officers for 2014-2015 include:
- President: Carrie Glassman Shoemake, FAIA, LEED AP, President, Glassman Shoemake Maldonado Architects, Inc.
- President-Elect: Laurence C. Burns, Jr., FAIA, Principal, Kendall/Heaton Associates.
- Vice President: Julié Gauthier, IIDA, LEED AP, Director, Houston office, lauckgroup
- Treasurer: Barbara Amelio, IIDA, IFMA, Principal, Debner+Company
- Secretary: Wendy Heger, AIA, Associate Principal, Page
- Past President: Doug Combes, Senior Vice President, Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing
New board members include:
- Saied Alavi, VP Operations, Marek Brothers Systems
- Chuck Gremillion, Executive Director, Construction Career Collaborative
- John Hawkins, Partner, Porter Hedges LLP
- Steven Mechler, President, Balfour Beatty Construction
- Scott Minnix, Director, General Services Department, City of Houston
- Neyran Turan, Assistant Professor, Rice University School Of Architecture; Partner, NEMESTUDIO
The elections and introductions took place at RDA’s annual membership reception and meeting at BBVA Compass Plaza, the award-winning tower designed by HKS Architects, Inc., with interiors by Gensler. Sponsors and hosts of the reception include BBVA Compass, Berger Iron Works, Inc., Brochsteins, CBRE, Cardno Haynes Whaley, Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing, Gensler, HKS Architects, HOK, I. A. Naman + Associates, Inc., Manhattan Construction Company, Marek Companies, Office Pavilion, Redstone Companies, Stream Realty Partners, TDIndustries, Inc., Trio Electric, Turner Construction Company, Ulrich Engineers, Inc., Walter P Moore, and Wylie Consulting Engineers.